Alan A. Lew, Professor
Department of Geography, Planning and Recreation
Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona 86011-5016, USA
Publications and Presentations Available Online (updated 25 April 2010)
Pre-publication Versions of Refereed Journal Papers and Book Chapters
Ng, Pin T. and Lew, Alan A. (2009) Quantile Regression Analysis of Visitor Spending: An example of mainland Chinese tourists in Hong Kong. NAU W.A. Franke College of Business Working Papers Series.
- Lew, Alan A. (2009) Long Tail Tourism: New geographies for marketing niche tourism products. Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing 25(3/4): 409-419.
- Xie, Philip Feifan and Lew, Alan A. (2008) Research Note - Podcasting and Tourism: An Exploratory Study of Types, Approaches and Content. Information Technology & Tourism 10: 173-180. (pre-publication version)
- Lew, Alan A. (2007) Invited Commentary: Tourism Planning and Traditional Urban Planning Theory: Planners as Agents of Social Change.. Leisure/Loisir: Journal of the Canadian Association of Leisure Studies 31(2):383-392. (pre-publication version)
- Lew, Alan A. and Wong, Alan (2005) Existential Tourism and the Homeland: The Overseas Chinese Experience. In Cartier, C. and Lew, A.A., eds., Seductions of Place: Geographical perspectives on globalization and touristed landscapes, pp. 286-300 (Chapter 18), Abingdon, UK: Routledge. (pre-publication version)
- Lew, Alan A. & Wong, Alan (2004) Sojourners, Gangxi and Clan Associations: Social Capital and Overseas Chinese Tourism to China. In D. Timothy and T. Coles, eds., Tourism, Diasporas and Space, pp. 202-214. London: Routledge. (pre-publication version)
- Lew, Alan A. and Chang, T.C. (1999) Where the World Meets: Regionalism and Globalization in Singapore’s Convention Industry. Journal of Convention and Exhibition Management 1(4):17-36.
- Lew, Alan A. (1991) Place Representation in Tourist Guidebooks: An Example from Singapore. Singapore Journal of Tropical Geography 12(2):124-137. (pre-publication version)
Powerpoint Presentations on Slideshare.net
- Defining Place Authenticity: My Heritage Can Beat Up Your History
Travel 2.0: The Emerging Virtual Travelscape
- Presented at the Heritage and Tourism Conference, Guangzhou, China, 8-11 July 2007
Using Social Software to Create Interactive Online & Hybrid Courses
- Presented at the International Geographical Union, Commission on Tourism, Leisure and Global Change Pre-Congress Meeting, Brisbane, Australia, 30 June – 1 July 2006
- Presented at the Northern Arizona University E-Learning Institute, Flagstaff, AZ, 21-24 May 2007.
Other Online Publications
- Geography USA: A Free Online Textbook