As a food service manager you need to have many skills in order to handle the responsibilities inherent in food service management. In addition to on-the-job experience, you will need to include financial, human resource skills, planning and organization skills, and food safety as well as marketing skills. In this lesson you are going to take a look at some of the responsibilities of food service management.
1. To introduce you to different types of food service operations.
2. To familiarize you with the different positions found in food service establishments.
3. To introduce to you the food service operations model and its components.
4. To provide an overview of beverage operation management.
5. To provide a brief introduction to human resource management.
To complete this Topic successfully, please complete the following activities in the order shown below:
TEXTBOOK READING: Read Pages 281 - 315
ON-LINE LESSON: Food Service Lesson
ASSIGNMENT: Food Service Assignment
GROUP ASSIGNMENT: Food Service Group Assignment
WEB ACTIVITY: Food Service Web Activity
Go on to Food Preparation
Go back to Food and Beverage
E-mail Lenka Hospodka
or call (928) 523-2845 (Lenka Hospodka)
Copyright © 1999
Northern Arizona University
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED