Back to Start
A School-University Partnership
Secondary Integrated Teacher Education (SITE) Sedona Partnership
Involves four collaborative groups
The SITE Partnership will promote uniting theory and practice for pre-service teachers at NAU prior to their student teaching experience.
- The SITE Interns (NAU students) who are taking course work to complete a major in secondary education with certification.
- The Sedona Red Rock High School Administration and Partner Teachers who are mentors to the SITE Interns.
- The NAU Faculty and Staff who teach courses and supervise the SITE Interns.
- The High School students who benefit from our contributions in the classroom.
Suggested outcomes for the SITE Partnership
Pre-service teachers will:
In-service Teachers will:
- Use real-world problems to apply and test their knowledge
- Modify and adjust teaching strategies and methods based on reflection and practice
- Select appropriate teaching materials and employ appropriate methods for diverse learners
- Function successfully in a school context
NAU faculty will:
- Deepen their expertise and experiment with new professional roles by serving as mentors and co-researchers
- Build knowledge useful for both practice and ongoing research
- Present lessons on assessment, methods, curriculum development, and diversity to pre-service teachers
- Conduct action research to be shared at regional and national conferences
- Build knowledge for practice and ongoing research
- Develop curriculum that truly reflects the best analysis and projection for teacher education
- Cultivate site based staff development activities designed to foster continual school renewal.
Back to Start