Focus Papers for HUM 355
- Syllabus Description of Focus Papers
- Focus Papers
- Focus Paper 1 - due either Sept. 9 or Sept. 14
- Using the criteria for evaluating webpage validity developed in class
on September 7, evaluate one site from each of the two groups below.
Rate each of the two sites as to validity. Conclude your paper by
reflecting on whether or not the criteria was sufficient. Should new
items be added - are some items more important than others -
suggestions for a better evaluation of validity instrument.
- Group one
- Group two
- Focus Paper 2 - Due Sept. 21
- Have your homepage published. By 4pm on Sept. 21, email me the
URL of your homepage. Make certain your homepage has the following
- Your name
- A email link by which I may contact you
- A last updated date
- If you want want to link to the page you are doing for this class,
have the link in operation
- Focus Paper 3 - Due. Sept. 30
- This focus paper is based on your textbook Active Sites.
- Chapter 3 - choose one of the five social roles of the artist in society
- Chapter 2 - decide which of the critiques beginning on page 10 would be
reflective of a person agreeing with the social role chosen
- Chapter 4 - how would a typical work of art which is reflective of the social
role choosen meet (or not meet) the expectations of each of the audiences
- Chapter 1 - how has this been reflective of the belief systems examined here
- In a clear, concise, and specific manner explain each of the above choices.
- Focus Paper 4 - Due. by Oct. 19
- As discussed a number of times in class, go to the web site for Amy Lowell
given on the class's web assignment
for week seven. List five reasons why her
poetry is modern. Remember, concentrate on her poetry, not her life.
- Focus Paper 5 - Due. by Oct. 28
- Go to the list of web pages of the class. Choose the
two pages which come before and after your own. Evaluate each of
these pages following the matrix we developed in class [available in the
syllabus]. Evaluate your own. You will have 5 web page
- Focus Papers 6 & 7
- Free papers, 10 points given to each of you
- Focus Paper 8
- Repeat of Focus Paper 5 only use the format of the webpage evaluation matrix
which must be attached to your journal. You will probably want to make five
copies of the matrix.