The following are some house rules that we use. Keep checking back. I'll be adding more as time
Personal Combat Quick Damage System
This is a quick and dirty system for assigning damage from combat. It includes hit locations and knock down
One thing that I add to my campaigns is a general perception modifier. Say you're sitting in a bar and someone
is watching you. Do you notice them? Should you have a chance to just notice something? With
a perception modifier you can make a general role for noticing something. Depending on what it may be it
could be simple or near impossible to notice. The bonus is computed by adding your intelligence and education
and dividing by 10. Alternately you could use social standing instead of education or intelligence depending
upon the situation.
Jack of All Trades
JOT is a handy skill that will allow a person to try to accomplish a task that they do not necessarily have the
skill in. For example, lets say Joi's air raft is damaged and it needs repair. Joi has a JOT
of 2 and so may try to use his JOT skill to affect the repair task. My house rules list out levels
of JOT skill and what may be attempted reasonably at that level. In this example, mechanics may be easily
tried by someone with a JOT of 1. Since Joi has a JOT of 2 they are well within reason to try the repair.
For each level the actual skill is over the JOT classification, the difficulty of the task increases.
JOT Skill Levels
- Brawling, dagger, cudgel, revolver, autopistol, carbine, rifle, shotgun, air raft, computer, electronics, gambling,
mechanics, steward, wheeled vehicle, water craft, vacc suit, carousing, instruction, survival and like simple skills
- Blade, sword, bayonet, tracked vehicle, ship laser, ship missiles, leader, medical, streetwise, hunting, liaison,
ACV, admin, autorifle, sub machinegun, body pistol, trader
- foil, cutlass, broadsword, spear, laser carbine/rifle, bow combat, bribery, commo, forward observer, gravitics,
interrogation, ships boat, prospecting, recruiting, grav veh, air craft
- halberd, pike, battle ax, gauss gun, battledress, ships energy weapons, screens, demolition, engineering, forgery,
navigation, pilot, tactics, zero-g-combat, legal, recon
- plasma & fusion guns, meson gun, particle accelerator, ship tactics, xeno medicine, combat engineering
Imperial Courier Service
Sending letters and parcels will always be a necessity even with electronic communications. Electronic communications
are less expensive than parcels. Cost is up to the referee. The costs in the following chart are per
parsec sent. Prices are in credits. Parcels are in cubic meters. The price for parcels over 1 cubic meter
is the base price per cubic meter. Fractions will be based off of that price with the minimum price being
that for 1 cubic meter or less..