What do I need?
Each band member must supply their own kit. The kit will be composed of two parts: 1) personal gear (clothing, weapons...) 2) camp gear.
Your personal gear is composed of your daily wear. The following is a list of the items you will be required to have for most events:
- Linen shirt - preferably an off-white color.
- Woolen slops - Heavy linen may be used during hot weather.
- Woolen sleeved doublet - The sleeves may be tied in so that they may be removed during hot weather.
- Hose - Typically of wool in period. This item will be the hardest to acquire.
- Cassock in Company Colors - Black.
- Shoes - A period shoe such as the early Brogan may be used. These arn't
cheap! Officers may wear bucket boots. Museum Replicas carries a brogan that
is appropriate for the time period.
- Hat - A Puritan or Raleigh style hat for Elizabethan or a cavalier style hat for ECW reenactment.
- Gauntlets - Preferably elk or heavy leather.
- Sword - A backsword, broadsword or possibly a rapier.
- Helmet - For pikemen - A cabaset or morian.
- Weapon - A pike for pikemen, musket for shot and halberds for officers.
Camp gear may be the most expensive part of your kit, especially if you are
supplying your own pavilion. I would suggest a marquee for officers and a wedge
tent for all others. Panther Primitives sells high quality tents. You can check
pricing at www.tattershallarms.org.
- Eating utensils. A pewter or wooden plate and bowl. Leather or pewter mug.
Wood or horn spoon, two tined fork and a table knife.
- Matchlock musket.
- Sword. Either a rapier or a military sword from the time period.
If you are portraying a cavalryman you will need a brace of wheellocks or doglock