PEPSI REFLECTIONS: EMOTIONAL
1. What is a student like who does not feel safe?
2. How can a teacher build trust for a student?
3. What is a safe climate in the school?
4. Does safe mean that students should not be challenged? pushed?
5. What can the teacher do to increase the number of students who have
a sense of trust . . .
a sense of autonomy . . .
of initiative . . .
of industry . . .
List some of the means for accomplishing these goals in your classroom.
6. Some experts believe that growth occurs in a safe environment. Is that so?
You should now:
Ellsworth at email@example.com
Copyright 1998 Northern Arizona University